With the All Star games taking place in NYC, Adidas will be rolling out a special set of jersey’s that pay homage to the boroughs of the Big Apple. Representing the East and West, are Black and White jersey’s featuring Stars on the Sides that represent the 5 Boroughs and other distinct detailing throughout the entire Jersey. Watch out for these at NBA stores across the U.S.
- Queens: a pattern inspired by the stainless steel orbit rings of the borough’s iconic Unisphere that was built for the 1964 World’s Fair at Flushing Meadows – Corona Park
- Staten Island: a wave pattern to signify its surrounding waters
- Manhattan: a taxi-cab checkered pattern represents the pace and energy of the world’s most cosmopolitan city
- The Bronx: a vinyl record pattern to pay homage to the birthplace of hip-hop and the rich musical legacy of New York City
- Brooklyn: a brick pattern inspired by the iconic brownstone houses and buildings that make up the neighborhoods of the city’s most populous borough
The patterns combine on the chest star with NYC 15 bellow on both the East jersey in white and the West in black.