The Nike Lebron 11 has officially been unveiled. Folks, get ready for an entire new saga of the Nike Lebron line this Fall. Check out the story behind this Nike Lebron below!
The number 11 represents new beginnings and is a step beyond a celebrated tenure. Starting his 11th year in the league, with two gold medals, two championship rings and four MVP trophies, LeBron James continues to succeed by constantly improving his game.
Designed to provide a protective suit for James’s unique style of play, the LEBRON 11 encompasses the duality of powerful precision. It is James’s lightest signature shoe to-date, while offering the protective feel, responsiveness and containment his game requires.
“LOCK ME DOWN SO I CAN FLY”
James has consistently fed back to his shoe designers that he wants to feel locked down, as if the shoes are an extension of his feet, for the 1,000+ directional changes he makes per game. Nike Basketball designers aim to build on the strengths of his game and provide protection for his powerful force without hindering his intricate precision on the court.
Built from the inside out, the LEBRON 11 is the lightest and lowest LeBron signature shoe ever. It weighs approximately 14.5 oz in a men’s size 9.
The upper is built in a new way, featuring revolutionary Nike Hyperposite technology for lightweight lock-down, while taking protection, containment and responsiveness to a new level. The upper incorporates Nike Hyperfuse construction and dynamic Flywire technology to bring natural motion to James’s game.
The LEBRON 11 is deconstructed to get James’s foot much lower to the ground so he can feel the court, while enhancing cushioning via the full length Lunarlon and Nike Zoom unit – a combination featured for the first time in a LeBron signature shoe.
The LEBRON 11 features key performance innovations and benefits including:
- New Nike Hyperposite technology: Uses lightweight materials designed to move with the foot to provide protection, containment and responsiveness.
- Nike Hyperfuse construction and Dynamic Flywire technology: Provides a dynamic fit and excellent lockdown, bringing natural motion to the court.
- A combination of Lunarlon and Nike Zoom units: For soft, springy responsiveness.
The duality of the number 11 is the main graphic design inspiration for the LEBRON 11 – it looks identical upside down as it does right side up. The graphic design on the LEBRON 11 also plays into the duality of the shoe and features ambigrams throughout including:
- The graphic on the inner tongue of the shoe spells out the number six while further highlighting the Roman numeral XI.
- The sock liner graphic reads “LeBron” but when flipped upside down reads “James”.
- A closer look at the Swoosh on the shoe reveals a pattern inspired by modern chain mail in which the initials “LJ” make up the links and repeat at graduating weights.
THE STORY OF DUALITY:
Nike Basketball designers successfully channel the duality of James’s play and persona to tell the story via various LEBRON 11 colorways.