What is Modern Notoriety?
Modern Notoriety is an online magazine based in Chicago that covers the latest in sneakers, streetwear, and pop culture. We create and share content specially tailored to today’s generation of sneakerheads and streetwear aficionados. We also create content for other brands through our creative agency MNLABCO.
The social media intern will assist in maintaining Modern Notoriety’s Twitter and Facebook accounts. They will also assist in the development of new promotional ideas using social media platforms. Along with social media duties, the intern will also assist with the general site content and updates. This is an unpaid internship, but we can provide college credit.
- Minimum of 10 hours per week for a 4 month commitment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superb communication and writing skills, including the ability to proofread and edit.
- Prior awareness of Modern Notoriety- follower of our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Twitter with current, active profiles on each.
- Strong passion for sneakers and streetwear.
- Self-Motivated – ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment.
- Flexible schedule – able to attend Modern Notoriety and other special events.
- Must own or have access to a laptop computer for in office use.
- Harness innovation and creativity by executing new ideas, as well as improving on previous efforts.
- Photoshop experience not required but a plus.
- Writing and scheduling social media posts.
- Develop social media contests and other promotional tools.
- Creatively thinking about other content that would be of interest to followers of Modern Notoriety.
- Additional various tasks – fact checking, site maintenance, helping with special projects.
Sweet stuff for you:
- A nice resume builder
- Free swag from Modern Notoriety and our partners.
- Digital marketing experience and industry networking opportunities.
Please send your resumes and cover letters to email@example.com for consideration.