The recent launch of the adidas #miZXFLUX app has opened up a world of possibilities for the newly beloved silhouette, and as you can see we fiendishly jumped at the chance to throw some of our own ideas across these hallowed uppers. We’ll be reaching out to readers to see what their ideas are, so be sure to add the “modernnotoriety” hashtag to your miZXFLUX photos on Instagram and Twitter so that we can feature your kicks. Keep it clean, and good luck finding images that meet their size requirements (it’s trickier than you may think). – Kevin Cutler
1. I’m an avid watch collector, so I of course had to slap a gorgeous vintage Rolex Submariner on a pair, wish me luck on getting these through their approval process.
2. A little bit of irony never hurt anyone, here we see a paparazzi snap of Kanye in the “Red October” Yeezy 2’s draped elegantly over the lovely ZX Flux.
3. Pantone color codes are a staple in the design world, now, if you can secure a high res snap, you can have the exact tone you please across your kicks. (Low-res image, we’ll definitely be securing crystal clear snaps before we hit the “buy” button).
4. Hate on if you please, but I would love to see Lil B the Based God’s grilled out smile staring up at me from my ZX FLux’s.
5. My favorite painting “Grand Slam” from the artist Robert Rauschenberg has been on everything from my phone to my desktop over the years, so it seemed only right to deck out my adidas in the iconic piece. Feel free to get artsy with yours as well.
We look forward to seeing what our readers have come up with, use #modernnotoriety on IG and Twitter to share your designs with us and for the chance to be featured on Round 2.