Just in time before the Bank Of America Marathon, Nike collaborates with Chicago based artist Cody Hudson on the Lunarglide 4 model, which is the official running shoe for this weekend’s event. The shoe features several Chicago Flag inspirations on the outsole, Upper and midsole, as well as Hudson’s artwork displayed on the tongue. Head after the Jump to see the story behind the Nike Lunarglide+ 4 x Cody Hudson collab.
- Cody has said “I want the shoe to reflect the journey of the athlete, the speed of the runner and the intense dedication to the race itself.”
- The classic colors of the outsole represent the palette of the Chicago city flag.
- The speckled pattern on the outsole reflects the energy of the race and the presence of the crowd.
- The 26.2 graphic on the tongue is a tribute to the runner’s achievement. On the other shoe’s tongue: The iconic city skyline is a reminder of this city’s role in this unique sports event.
- The metallic gold swoosh represents each runner finding his/her greatness.
- The bright blue of the midsole takes its inspiration from the stripes of Chicago’s city flag, which represent Lake Michigan, the Chicago River, and the Great Canal.
- Lunarlon cushioning for lightweight response and support; reflective elements remain visible in lower-light conditions and plush foam in the collar for lockdown support