That’s insane, the Nike Hyperdunk 2015 was actually inspired by one of the most hyped sneakers in history – the Nike Mag. These new creations were developed by none other than Leo Chang aka the guy who mastered the KD line. The Nike Hyperdunk 2015 is the latest basketball shoe to offer the Swoosh’s latest technology with a futuristic approach. Check out the details below and let us know if you’ll be hooping in these Ball is Life bangers.
The Nike Hyperdunk 2015 shoe features the brand’s top performance technology and a striking, cutting-edge silhouette. Leo Chang, Nike Basketball’s Footwear Design Director, led the development of the new Hyperdunk, aiming to evolve the line’s aesthetic while solidifying its reputation as one of basketball’s most technically advanced shoes of all time.
Releasing in more than 15 countries on July 1, the Hyperdunk 2015 is a lightweight, responsive shoe that feels like a high-top, but performs like a low-top. Modern design cues of the futuristic NIKE MAG inspired the new Hyperdunk, including the extended collar height and minimalist upper with reduced layers.
Flexibility and support define the new Hyperdunk upper, led by four technical details born from athlete insight and exhaustive testing:
1. Hyperfuse construction fuses lightweight textile with support skins to create a seamless, one-piece upper for lightweight durability and support.
2. Flexible collar foam helps lock the foot in place, providing the support of a high-top with the feel of a low-top.
3. Internal bootie construction features mesh and foam, which stretch and conform to the foot for a snug, comfortable fit.
4. Nike Flywire technology wraps the foot for a dynamic feel and lockdown support perfected for basketball. Molded channels allow the Flywire cables to loosen and tighten with the natural motion of the foot.
Traction design can make or break a basketball shoe. Nike Basketball’s obsession with traction has propelled the industry to new places with the KYRIE 1 and KOBE X, and continues with the Hyperdunk 2015. Its versatile outsole construction is intended for diverse court surfaces, indoor and outdoor. The Hyperdunk 2015 features three key outsole details:
1. Herringbone pattern refined to enhance tackiness and grip, while delivering durability and traction for an array of court surfaces.
2. Outsole design wraps up the shoe’s sidewall to enhance stability and support in the midfoot area.
3. Outsole material reduction at the heel to minimize weight and reveal the Zoom Air cushioning inside.
The Nike Hyperdunk 2015 is available globally in the bright crimson launch colorway at nike.com and select retail locations beginning July 1. The white colorway is available beginning Aug. 1. Six key colorways are available July 1 – Sept. 30.